http://oscar.go.com/
This years Oscars was broad cast a little over 2 weeks ago, and the Kings Speech won the Oscar Award for Best Picture. But did this film deserve the prestigious title? Or was it a lot of media hype, pulling at the critics to go with the tide?
I watched the film, and very much enjoyed it. The acting was solid, the story was an enjoyable record of events of the time, and especially for us Brits, was incredibly patriotic.
But I have a nagging feeling inside of me that for it to win Best Picture was a step to far.
Of course, it will come down to personal opinion, but as a recent programme I watched pointed out to me, the nominees of the Oscars have been specifically churned out and marketed to win Oscars.
I'm sure the producers of at least half of those films would be very happy to splash out for the critics to come and have a private viewing of their new film just before decision making, but what about independent or foreign films? It seems the industry has become somewhat lazy and just another show.
Again, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter. Did you enjoy Kings Speech? Did it deserve the Best Picture Oscar? If not, what should have won it?
O and yes, remember to follow me by clicking "follow" at the top right of this blog, and recommend to your friends ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment